Syllabus of UPPSC Lower Subordinate Pre Exam is given hereunder :
(1) History of India and Indian National movement :- in History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and politic, aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World :- Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights-issues etc :- Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political- system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development :- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanization, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and international Importance :- This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6) Indian Agriculture :- The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science :- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
(8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level :- Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note:- The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above topics with special reference to UP.